Qualified Brands: QuantaCase, RF Safe
The RF Safe Manufacturing Association (“RSMA” or the “Association”) has adopted the following Code of Ethics to promote the highest ethical and moral standards of professional conduct in the wireless industry. Each member of the Association agrees to abide by this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership in RSMA. The Association intends for this Code of Ethics to be interpreted and enforced reasonably, fairly, and objectively.
I. PRINCIPLES OF ETHICS
These Principles of Ethics are aspired goals of professional conduct for all members of the Association.
All members of the RF Safe Manufacturing Association and RF Safe Website pledge to aspire to the following:
- Adhere to a standard of excellence, as commonly understood in the RF Safety industry, in designing, manufacturing, producing, packaging, promoting, marketing, selling, and distributing products.
- Maintain and service all accounts efficiently and professionally.
- Monitor technological developments to ensure the availability of the highest quality product and the imposition of the most stringent safety standards within the wireless industry.
- Impose strict quality controls throughout the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing process.
- Represent and market all products and services fairly and accurately.
- Adhere to all relevant product performance, safety, environmental, code, and listing requirements necessary to properly manufacture, sell, market, and distribute products and services in today’s global business environment.
- Protect and enhance the environment and the health and safety of their employees, customers’ employees, consumers, and the general environment through the safe and responsible use and disposal of potentially hazardous substances.
- Monitor technologies for reducing energy absorbed into the human body and strive to implement those that prove to be effective in reducing RF exposure.
- Always be guided by a spirit of justice, honor, and fairness within their communities and in all dealings with other members of the wireless safety industry and associated industries.
Each of these pledges shall be read so as to be consistent with and not conflict with existing legal obligations, including but not limited to, applicable antitrust laws.
II. RULES OF ETHICS
These Rules of Ethics provide mandatory and specific standards of minimally acceptable professional conduct for all members of the Association. These Rules of Ethics are enforceable by the Association under the procedures in Section III of this Code, which is provided to members only.
Members of the RF Safe Manufacturing Association shall:
- Manufacture, produce, and supply products and services in compliance with applicable industry standards, test specifications, and operating procedures as prescribed by the American Society for Testing Materials, the Telecommunications Industry Association, the IEEE, IEC/ISO, other standard-setting organizations recognized generally in the industry, and/or local, state, or federal contracting authorities, as applicable.
- Maintain a realistic distance of separation from the body when SAR testing procedures for products and services are conducted to ensure that required standards and specifications have been met and are accurately reflected as real-world usage.
- Ensure that all product and promotional information, including statements designed or which can be interpreted to describe the properties or performance of the product, is accurate and not misleading.
- Adhere to the procedures and policies required by third-party listing organizations when products require such authorized test certifications and marks.
- Comply with all laws and regulations relating to the manufacture and distribution of products, including applicable antitrust, occupational safety and health, and environmental laws and regulations, and the applicable provisions of the National Conference on Weights and Measures.
The Code of Ethics of the RF Safe Manufacturing Association (RFSMA) establishes principles for members of the wireless safety industry. This code requires members of the RF Safety industry to conduct themselves in a way that brings credit to the profession.
In RF Safe’s efforts to achieve the highest level of professionalism throughout the wireless safety industry, the RF Safe Manufacturing Association (RFMA) has adopted a Code of business practices for wireless phone safety and aftermarket accessory manufacturers. The purpose of this code is to foster confidence in the safe usage of wireless products and services. The RF Safe Manufacturing Association requires its members to:
- Provide a written warranty policy.
- Mark and/or label all parts to identify the manufacturer.
- Provide installation instructions for all products where appropriate.
- Include all necessary hardware for installation with the product.
- Have product liability insurance or demonstrate fiscal responsibility for the same.
- Offer a written returned-goods policy.
- Maintain the availability of replacement parts for an appropriate time after production ceases.
The RF Safe Manufacturing Association’s Code of Ethics and Code of Business Practices set high standards for ethical conduct and professional behavior within the wireless industry. Members are required to comply with these codes as a condition of membership and the Association enforces these codes through established procedures.