Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Radiation LevelsHead SAR
|Radiation Levels||HEAD (1g)||BODY (1g)||HOTSPOT (1g)|
|Cellular Only||0.36 W/kg||0.79 W/kg||0|
|Simultaneous||1.14 W/kg||1.48 W/kg||1.04 W/kg|
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SAR Level Summary:
The cellular transmission SAR values for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (FCC ID A3LSMG965U) are 0.36 W/kg (watts per kilogram) at the head and 0.79 W/kg when worn on the body. The simultaneous transmission SAR values for Galaxy S9 Plus (cellular plus Wi-Fi) is 1.14 W/kg at the head, 1.48 W/kg when worn on the body, and 1.04 W/kg when used as a hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
View Thermal Visualization
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Safety Tip: Turning Off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Reduces Radiation.
This SAR chart reveals how turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus can significantly reduce your exposure to radiation. Our SAR comparison chart shows that by simply turning off these transmitters, you can lower the RF radiation exposure to your head by 68.4%, and you can lower exposure to the body by 46.6%, when considering these differences between cellular-only (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth OFF) and simultaneous use exposure (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth ON), a wise way to reduce excessive phone radiation is to tap off unnecessary transmitters when not in use. Additionally, when using your phone as a hotspot, turning off Bluetooth can reduce your exposure by up to % according to the FCC SAR report for device number A3LSMG965U.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SAR Levels
|RADIATION LEVELS||CELLULAR ONLY||(% DIFF)||SIMULTANEOUS|
|HEAD||0.36 W/kg||68.4%||1.14 W/kg|
|BODY||0.79 W/kg||46.6%||1.48 W/kg|
The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of a mobile device measures the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body during device usage.
The SAR values for the galaxy-s9-plus (FCC ID A3LSMG965U) are as follows:
- 0.36 W/kg when held at the head with cellular transmission only
- 0.79 W/kg when worn on the body with cellular transmission only
- 1.14 W/kg when held at the head with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- 1.48 W/kg when worn on the body with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- 1.04 when used as a Hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus - SAR Levels
FCC SAR Levels
- FCC Approval Date This is the date the phone SAR test was completed before the phone's release to the public as required by law. 11 January 2018
- FCC ID The FCC ID is the code used to register a device for FCC compliance A3LSMG965U
- FCC Report Link A direct link to the FCC's website for confirming SAR levels that are listed on our website - We did the homework for you!
- US SAR Ratings USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg Minimum Separation Distance for Galaxy S9 Plus is 15mm - USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg - FCC SAR testing is measured in watts per kilogram (or W/kg) averaged over ONE gram of simulated biological tissue. It is a well known FACT SAR testing was not designed for protecting women or children from harmful radiation exposure, and SAR Test do not take into consideration health effects below thermal levels
- Head SAR Level SAR test when held against your head when only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0.36 W/kg
- Body SAR Level SAR test when held against your body only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0.79 W/kg
- Simultaneous Transmission The highest possible SAR recorded with ALL transmitters active, Cellular, WiFi, and Hotspot 1.59 W/kg - Hotspot Active
- Simultaneous Head The highest possible SAR test when held against your HEAD with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.14 W/kg
- Simultaneous Body The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.48 W/kg
- Hotspot SAR The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY using the phone as a hotspot with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.04 W/kg
EU SAR Level
- EU SAR Ratings EU Legal Limit is 2.0 W/kg
- Head SAR Level 0.29 W/kg (head)
- Body SAR Level 1.35 W/kg (body)
According to test reports filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is 0.36 watts per kilogram (w/kg) at your head, and 0.79 w/kg when worn on your body. The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus hotspot SAR is 1.04 w/kg. The SAR for simultaneous transmission (cellular,Wi-Fi and hotspot) for the Samsung Galaxy S9 is 1.14 w/kg at your head, 1.48 w/kg when worn on the body, and 1.59 w/kg when used as a hotspot simultaneously with all other transmitters active.
All SAR levels reported for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to the FCC are averaged over one gram of body tissue corresponding to the maximum allowable level of 1.6 w/kg. The SAR levels will vary depending upon your specific cell phone carrier (e.g., AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon).
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus minimum separation distance for head and body-worn testing was 5 mm. That means the phone should never be closer than 5mm to your body when in use.