Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Radiation LevelsHead SAR
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra SAR Level Summary:
The cellular transmission SAR values for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (FCC ID A3LSMS918B) are 0.98 W/kg (watts per kilogram) at the head and 1.10 W/kg when worn on the body. The hotspot/Airplay SAR level is 1.20 W/kg. The simultaneous transmission SAR values for Galaxy S23 Ultra (cellular plus Wi-Fi) is 1.59 W/kg at the head, 1.59 W/kg when worn on the body, and 1.54 W/kg when used as a hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
View Thermal Visualization
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Safety Tip: Turning Off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Reduces Radiation.
This SAR chart reveals how turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra can significantly reduce your exposure to radiation. Our SAR comparison chart shows that by simply turning off these transmitters, you can lower the RF radiation exposure to your head by 38.4%, and you can lower exposure to the body by 30.8%, when considering these differences between cellular-only (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth OFF) and simultaneous use exposure (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth ON), a wise way to reduce excessive phone radiation is to tap off unnecessary transmitters when not in use. Additionally, when using your phone as a hotspot, turning off Bluetooth can reduce your exposure by up to 28.3% according to the FCC SAR report for device number A3LSMS918B.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra SAR Levels
The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of a mobile device measures the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body during device usage.
The SAR values for the galaxy-s23-ultra (FCC ID A3LSMS918B) are as follows:
- 0.98 W/kg when held at the head with cellular transmission only
- 1.1 W/kg when worn on the body with cellular transmission only
- 1.2 W/kg when used as a Hotspot or Airplay
- 1.59 W/kg when held at the head with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- 1.59 W/kg when worn on the body with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- 1.54 when used as a Hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - SAR Levels
FCC SAR Levels
- FCC Approval Date This is the date the phone SAR test was completed before the phone's release to the public as required by law. 28 November 2022
- FCC ID The FCC ID is the code used to register a device for FCC compliance A3LSMS918B
- FCC Report Link A direct link to the FCC's website for confirming SAR levels that are listed on our website - We did the homework for you!
- US SAR Ratings USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg - FCC SAR testing is measured in watts per kilogram (or W/kg) averaged over ONE gram of simulated biological tissue.
- Head SAR Level SAR test when held against your head when only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0.98 W/kg
- Body SAR Level SAR test when held against your body only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 1.10 W/kg
- Product Specific Use SAR test when held against your body only using the phone as a hotspot. Cellular and other transmitter are NOT active 1.20 W/kg
- Simultaneous Transmission The highest possible SAR recorded with ALL transmitters active, Cellular, WiFi, and Hotspot 1.59 W/kg
- Simultaneous Head The highest possible SAR test when held against your HEAD with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.59 W/kg
- Simultaneous Body The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.59 W/kg
- Hotspot SAR The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY using the phone as a hotspot with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.54 W/kg
EU SAR Level
- EU SAR Ratings EU Legal Limit is 2.0 W/kg
- Head SAR Level 0.96 W/kg (head)
- Body SAR Level 1.40 W/kg (body)
See How The Galaxy S23 Ultra Compares: “Go big or go home with the Galaxy S23 Ultra! This massive 6.8-inch device will change the way you look at smartphones. With a 120Hz refresh rate, you get a seamless and smooth experience. The 5,000mAh battery and optimized hardware ensure you can go all day without worrying about recharging. And with the included S Pen, you have the ultimate tool for creativity and productivity. The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset and 12 recycled components make this the most eco-friendly Galaxy yet. Choose from Phantom Black, Cream, Green, or Lavender, or stand out with our exclusive online-only colors like Lime, Graphite, Sky Blue, or Red. The Galaxy S23 Ultra – the ultimate smartphone for those who want it all, and more!”
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is a top-of-the-line smartphone that is set to release on February 15, 2023. The device weighs 234g and has a thickness of 8.9mm, making it easy to carry and hold. The device runs on Android 13 with One UI 5.1 and comes in storage options of 128GB/256GB/1TB, with no option for expandable storage.
The 6.8″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display has a resolution of 1440×3088 pixels, providing an impressive viewing experience. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset and an octa-core processor with Adreno 740 GPU. It is available in RAM options of 8/12GB and has a 5000mAh battery.
The camera system on the S23 Ultra is one of its standout features, with a quad-camera setup that includes a 200MP main camera, 10MP telephoto camera, 10MP periscope telephoto camera, and a 12MP ultrawide camera. The device also has a 12MP selfie camera. Video recording capabilities include 8K video at 24/30fps and 4K video at 30/60fps.
In terms of connectivity, the S23 Ultra supports 5G networks and comes with Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, and NFC. It also has an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensors.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is a powerful and feature-packed device that offers an exceptional camera and display experience. With its latest hardware and software, the device is sure to impress tech enthusiasts and power users alike.
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has several different SAR levels, as tested by the FCC. Here is a summary of the results:
Head SAR: 0.98 W/kg, ranking #40 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 61.25% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
Body SAR: 1.10 W/kg, ranking #48 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 68.75% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
Simultaneous Head SAR: 1.59 W/kg, ranking #67 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 99.38% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
Simultaneous Body SAR: 1.59 W/kg, ranking #65 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 99.38% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
Hotspot SAR Level: 1.20 W/kg, ranking #66 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 75.00% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
Simultaneous Hotspot SAR: 1.54 W/kg, ranking #36 among popular smartphones in the USA, which is equivalent to 96.25% of the legal limit of 1.60 W/kg.
It’s important to note that these values are based on official FCC SAR tests, and the number of RF Safe radiation warnings may vary based on the specific SAR value.