Essential PH-1 Radiation LevelsHead SAR
|Radiation Levels||HEAD (1g)||BODY (1g)||HOTSPOT (1g)|
|Cellular Only||0.28 W/kg||0.76 W/kg||0|
Essential PH-1 Safety Tip: Turning Off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Reduces Radiation.
This SAR chart reveals how turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Essential PH-1 can significantly reduce your exposure to radiation. Our SAR comparison chart shows that by simply turning off these transmitters, you can lower the RF radiation exposure to your head by %, and you can lower exposure to the body by %, when considering these differences between cellular-only (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth OFF) and simultaneous use exposure (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth ON), a wise way to reduce excessive phone radiation is to tap off unnecessary transmitters when not in use. Additionally, when using your phone as a hotspot, turning off Bluetooth can reduce your exposure by up to % according to the FCC SAR report for device number 2ALBB-A11.
Essential PH-1 SAR Levels
|RADIATION LEVELS||CELLULAR ONLY||(% DIFF)||SIMULTANEOUS|
The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of a mobile device measures the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body during device usage.
The SAR values for the ph-1 (FCC ID 2ALBB-A11) are as follows:
- 0.28 W/kg when held at the head with cellular transmission only
- 0.76 W/kg when worn on the body with cellular transmission only
- when used as a Hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
Essential PH-1 - SAR Levels
FCC SAR Levels
- FCC Approval Date This is the date the phone SAR test was completed before the phone's release to the public as required by law. 26 June 2017
- FCC ID The FCC ID is the code used to register a device for FCC compliance 2ALBB-A11
- Head SAR Level SAR test when held against your head when only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0.28 W/kg
- Body SAR Level SAR test when held against your body only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0.76 W/kg
- Simultaneous Transmission The highest possible SAR recorded with ALL transmitters active, Cellular, WiFi, and Hotspot 0.92 W/kg
- Hotspot SAR The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY using the phone as a hotspot with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 0.70 W/kg
FCC ID: 2ALBB-A11 FCC Report on Essential PH-1
According to test reports filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for the Essential PH-1 Smartphone is 0.28 watts per kilogram (w/kg) at your head, and 0.76 W/kg when worn on your body. The Essential PH-1 hotspot SAR is 0.70 W/kg. The SAR for simultaneous transmission (cellular plus Wi-Fi) for the Essential PH-1 is 0.92 W/kg.
All SAR levels reported to the FCC are averaged over one gram of body tissue corresponding to the maximum allowable level of 1.6 w/kg. Currently, the Essential PH-1 is only available on Sprint’s network. However, SAR levels will vary depending upon your specific cell phone carrier (e.g., AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon).
It’s important to know the minimum separation distance for body-worn testing was 10 mm, that requires a smartphone user to maintain slightly more than 3/8 inch minimum separation (10 mm = 0.39 in) for SAR safety compliance.