Apple iPhone XR Radiation LevelsHead SAR
|Radiation Levels||HEAD (1g)||BODY (1g)||HOTSPOT (1g)|
|Cellular Only||0.9 W/kg||1.1 W/kg||1.1 W/kg|
|Simultaneous||1.41 W/kg||1.59 W/kg||1.59 W/kg|
View Thermal Visualization
Apple iPhone XR Safety Tip: Turning Off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Reduces Radiation.
This SAR chart reveals how turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your Apple iPhone XR can significantly reduce your exposure to radiation. Our SAR comparison chart shows that by simply turning off these transmitters, you can lower the RF radiation exposure to your head by 36.2%, and you can lower exposure to the body by 30.8%, when considering these differences between cellular-only (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth OFF) and simultaneous use exposure (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth ON), a wise way to reduce excessive phone radiation is to tap off unnecessary transmitters when not in use. Additionally, when using your phone as a hotspot, turning off Bluetooth can reduce your exposure by up to 44.9% according to the FCC SAR report for device number BCG-E3220A.
Apple iPhone XR SAR Levels
|RADIATION LEVELS||CELLULAR ONLY||(% DIFF)||SIMULTANEOUS|
|HEAD||0.90 W/kg||36.2%||1.41 W/kg|
|BODY||1.10 W/kg||30.8%||1.59 W/kg|
|HOTSPOT||1.097 W/kg||44.9%||1.59 W/kg|
The Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of a mobile device measures the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed by the body during device usage.
The SAR values for the iphone-xr (FCC ID BCG-E3220A) are as follows:
- 0.9 W/kg when held at the head with cellular transmission only
- 1.1 W/kg when worn on the body with cellular transmission only
- 1.1 W/kg when used as a Hotspot or Airplay
- 1.41 W/kg when held at the head with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- 1.59 W/kg when worn on the body with simultaneous cellular and Wi-Fi transmission
- when used as a Hotspot simultaneously with other transmitters active.
Apple iPhone XR - SAR Levels
FCC SAR Levels
- FCC Approval Date This is the date the phone SAR test was completed before the phone's release to the public as required by law. 27 September 2018
- FCC ID The FCC ID is the code used to register a device for FCC compliance BCG-E3220A
- FCC Report Link A direct link to the FCC's website for confirming SAR levels that are listed on our website - We did the homework for you!
- US SAR Ratings USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg USA Legal Limit is 1.6 W/kg - FCC SAR testing is measured in watts per kilogram (or W/kg) averaged over ONE gram of simulated biological tissue.
- Head SAR Level SAR test when held against your head when only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 0. 90 W/kg
- Body SAR Level SAR test when held against your body only using cellular service. Wifi and other transmitter are NOT active 1.10 W/kg
- Product Specific Use SAR test when held against your body only using the phone as a hotspot. Cellular and other transmitter are NOT active 1.097 W/kg
- Simultaneous Transmission The highest possible SAR recorded with ALL transmitters active, Cellular, WiFi, and Hotspot 1.59 W/kg
- Simultaneous Head The highest possible SAR test when held against your HEAD with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.41 W/kg
- Simultaneous Body The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.59 W/kg
- Hotspot SAR The highest possible SAR test when held against your BODY using the phone as a hotspot with cellular and WiFi transmitters active, 1.59 W/kg
EU SAR Level
- EU SAR Ratings EU SAR
- Head SAR Level 0.99 W/kg
- Body SAR Level 0.99 W/kg
According to test reports filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC ID BCG-E3220A, the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for the Apple iPhone XR is 0.90 watts per kilogram (w/kg) at your head, and 1.10 w/kg when worn on your body. The Apple iPhone XR hotspot SAR is 1.10 W/kg. The SAR for simultaneous transmission (cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) for the Apple iPhone XR is 1.59 W/kg when used as a hotspot simultaneously with all other transmitters active.
All SAR levels reported for the Apple iPhone XR to the FCC are averaged over one gram of body tissue corresponding to the maximum allowable level of 1.6 w/kg. The SAR levels will vary depending upon your specific cell phone carrier (e.g., AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon).
The Apple iPhone XR minimum separation distance for body-worn and head testing was 5 mm (about two-tenths of an inch), that requires a smartphone user to maintain this minimum distance for SAR safety compliance.
Apple iPhone XR compliance for body-worn operating configurations is limited to the specific configurations tested for this filing. Body-worn operations are restricted to belt-clips, holsters or similar accessories that have no metallic component in the assembly and must provide at least 5 mm separation between the device and the user’s body. End-users must be informed of the body-worn operating requirements for satisfying RF exposure compliance.
It is VERY important to note the minimum separation distance for head and body-worn testing is 5 mm (about two-tenths of an inch). You must at all times have this amount of distance between your body and phone when in operation to comply with regulatory safety values!
The highest reported Apple iPhone XR levels for the head, body-worn accessory for simultaneous transmission use conditions are 1.41 W/kg and 1.59 respectively.
Simultaneous Transmission Note(s):
1. Wi-Fi 2.4GHz & Bluetooth cannot transmit simultaneously.
2. Wi-Fi 2.4GHz &Wi-Fi 5GHz cannot transmit simultaneously.
3. WWAN ANT1, ANT2, ANT3,and ANT4 cannot transmit simultaneously