About RF Safe’s UV Lamp Accessory Safety Package – Hospital staff know how important it is to be safe when disinfecting with potentially dangerous UV-C light. All UVC lights sold by RF Safe are packaged with UV400 safety glasses for your added protection. NEVER aim UVC light at your skin or eyes!
MORE DEPENDABLE THAN GERMICIDAL LED’s
With a press of a button, a high-energy beam of UVC (ultraviolet C) light at 253.7 nm (germicidal wavelength) is emitted from a specialized UVC bulb. The ultraviolet light wand sanitizer destroys the molecular structure of DNA or RNA in viruses.
Built in gyroscopic sensor avoids accidental exposure! Automatically turns off power if bulb is not aiming down!
- Durable Design: This UV-C light sanitizer is an exquisite compact hand-held wand built from select ABS materials
- 253.7 nm UVC: World’s most widely used UVC wavelength in hospitals around the world for disinfecting and sanitizing
- x2 Power Source: Powered by either micro USB phone charging cable (Included) or 4*AAA batteries (not included)
Multiple Usage Scenarios
The portable UVC disinfection lamp is perfect for sanitizing commonly touched items on the go. Use daily to disinfect commonly used items such as reading glasses, phones, tablet touch screens or shared surfaces such as elevator buttons and ATMs.
When folded close the compact portable UVC disinfection lamp measures 5.66 in, and 10.24 inches open. This new compact and light weight design is super convenient to carry in a pocket, backpack or suitcase for use while on the go. The Portable UVC light is powered by both USB charging wire or 4*AAA batteries, no matter where you’re traveling, two power options make it convenient for you to use anywhere, anytime.
UVC Safety First
Extra thoughtful child lock avoids misuse. Built in gyroscopic sensor uses Earth’s gravity to help determine orientation to disable the UVC wand when not aiming down towards a surface for cleaning.
- 4mm * 100mm UVC Ultraviolet Quartz Lamp
- UVC Wavelength UVC 253.7nm rated at >2500 μw/cm² power.
- Battery Life 3 hours (± 10%) of UVC on 4 * AAA batteries
- USB input Micro USB cable 5V USB input for Power Bank
- Product Size: Closed 5.63 x 1.57 x 1.14 Open 10.24 x 0.88 x 1.14
- UVC Safety: Auto-off when facing up, delay on & auto off, includes UV400 Glasses
HOW DOES UVC DESTROY GERMS?
Today’s easy to use compact UVC technology allows us to fight the virus outside our bodies!
The high energy from short wavelength UVC light is absorbed in the cellular RNA and DNA, damaging nucleic acids and preventing microorganisms from infecting and reproducing. This absorption of UVC energy forms new bonds between nucleotides, creating double bonds or “dimers.” Dimerization of molecules, particularly thymine, is the most common type of damage incurred by UVC light in microorganisms. Formation of thymine dimers in the DNA of bacteria and viruses prevents replication and ability to infect.
Using this UVC light technology will not leave residue after treatment. The germicidal effects of UVC irradiation results in cellular damage by photohydration, photosplitting, photodimerization, and photocrosslinking, thereby inhibiting cellular replication.